Magento CE Varnish vs Extensions Full Page Cache

I am using Amasty FPC with magento1.9, it is a great extension.

I am using Magento 1.9 on PHP 7 with OPC, Nginx with pagespeed module & Memcache.

Do you think a FPC is required and will further speed up load time? Which is the best FPC?

Traffic: 1000 sessions per day. Load is always below. 0.5

VPS config:
4 cores CPU
4GB RAM
100GB SSD Raid 4 hard drive
1GBPS PORT - USA
Is it no problem run magento1.9 on php7? php7 is faster but i cant install magento1.x on it

Magento 1.9 will not by default work 100% with php7 it will give bugs, to fix you can install Inchoo PHP7 patch Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся

PHP7 performance wise is a very big impact on M 1.9, it's like 3x faster without any optimization.
Great! this extension work verry well with magento 1.9.x

Последнее редактирование модератором:
if you run server on nginx+php-fpm best way is NGINX+Fastcgi_cache+Redis or NGINX+2 Redis instances.

if you run server on nginx+php-fpm best way is NGINX+Fastcgi_cache+Redis or NGINX+2 Redis instances.

I disagree with this saying, since you have a PHP7 and use Magento 1.9.3 ( there is no official support for PHP 7 however 99,8% works fine.... very fast too)

Why do bother with php-fpm even with Redis if you can have really fast instance without it... more info in prev. posts or other resources...

I disagree with this saying, since you have a PHP7 and use Magento 1.9.3 ( there is no official support for PHP 7 however 99,8% works fine.... very fast too)

Why do bother with php-fpm even with Redis if you can have really fast instance without it... more info in prev. posts or other resources...

You can disagree, everyone has own requirements for the server and the web-site
for Apache lovers best is
Percona + Apache + Nginx + PHP_FastCgi + Varnish(front_cache) + Memached(backend) + Elasticsearch (optional)
this version is for servers cluster

unlike Apache for NGINX you must enter all parameters manually
!!! personally for me , after many experiments for 1 VPS, optimal version for M1 and M2 !!!
NGINX + PHP-FPM + MySql (note!!! not MariaDB or Percona) + Redis 3 instances + Elasticsearch (optional)

Regarding php7
even with the naked eye, you can see the difference in speed between php5.6 vs php7
it is especially visible for stores with a large volume of configurable goods
and yes, php-fpm require additional precise settings with NGINX, but these settings are not complicated, and if you are not too lazy you can easy tune this options.
as a result you will have much faster and more secure server.

since version 1.14.3+ EE, i never have used INCHOO Patches for PHP7 and have no any problem.

with PHP7.1, M1 works perfect, but in some cases need to make minor fixes with string requests for 3rd part extensions.

Regarding caches Redis is 1 of the best caching solution with clustering options, you can use it for frontend and backend caching.
also you can use several instances on 1 server.

Redis works with Magento and have official support,
also redis works with pagespeed.

Последнее редактирование:
Is it no problem run magento1.9 on php7? php7 is faster but i cant install magento1.x on it

Magento 1.9 will not by default work 100% with php7 it will give bugs, to fix you can install Inchoo PHP7 patch Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся

PHP7 performance wise is a very big impact on M 1.9, it's like 3x faster without any optimization.

!!! personally for me , after many experiments for 1 VPS, optimal version for M1 and M2 !!!
NGINX + PHP-FPM + MySql (note!!! not MariaDB or Percona) + Redis 3 instances + Elasticsearch (optional)

Regarding caches Redis is 1 of the best caching solution with clustering options, you can use it for frontend and backend caching.
also you can use several instances on 1 server.

Redis works with Magento and have official support,
also redis works with pagespeed.

I am using NGINX + PHP7 - PHP-FPM + MySql + Memcache

Is Redis better for magento 1.9? is it worth the change?

Thanks!

Последнее редактирование модератором:
NGINX + PHP-FPM + MariaDB + Redis

Назад
Сверху